Thursday, February 11, 2016

Abby's Perfect Broken Heart--Heart Failure





Sorry I have missed two days of CHD Awareness. I have been home sick. I wanted to continue the story of our heart hero Abby.

After her heart surgery everything seemed fine for awhile. Abby felt great and we were all starting to relax a little. We even had the chance to take Abby to my hometown of Monticello and show her around. Later in 2011 Abby  was getting ready to go in for some minor check ups to make sure her and her heart were ready for another big surgery for her back. Her heart doc had wanted to check and make sure her heart could take it. It was then that we found out that Abby was in heart failure. She didn't act like she was sick let alone in heart failure, she was lively and our happy Abby just like always.  I love sharing this video that her mother put together about her heart failure. It gets to me every-time I watch it. It brings back so many memories, fears, anxieties, and happy moments spent with Abby. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I remember this time well! You were so worried for her. How is she doing now? I know the transplant went well.

    ReplyDelete