Monday, February 1, 2016

7th Annual CHD Awareness Week


Welcome to the 7th annual CHD Awareness Week. I would like to start by giving a small background as to why I do this; 10 years ago I didn't even know what CHD was or that it even existed. Then in he summer of 2006 I was introduced to a cute little girl with a big personality. My niece Abby was 6 when I first met her and had already underwent multiple surgery's for a heart defect. Since then I have seen he undergo more surgery;s including a valve replacement in her heart, She then had complications due to heart failure, which led to an eventual heart transplant. These are just a few of the surgeries. I always like to get into her story a little more though out these posts. I love my niece very much and often felt very helpless when her and her family go through these surgery's, hospital visits and more. Seven years ago I had an idea to host this event on my blog to try and help spread awareness about CHD and my nieces story, I know I couldn't do as much as I wanted to help this sweet family, but at least I could help spread awareness. CHD stand for Congenital Heart Defects. This is a condition that occurs in 1 out of 100 babies born. There are multiple defects associated with CHD, some not as severe as others but all important to know and understand about. I hope as we take this journey together over the next two weeks that I help spread awareness and increase your understanding about CHD. Yes I do offer prizes at the end of the awareness week, which I will explain a little more in detail tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the next few days and I am excited to read your questions and comments.

1 comment:

  1. Love that you do this chica! With all my ♡ all the way over here in oklahoma!

    ReplyDelete